Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day Three - Beef Medallions with Cognac Sauce, Garlic and Olive Oil Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes & Wild Mushrooms with Shallots

Today was one of those days I wouldn't want to re-live except for the dinner.  It must have had something to do with the almost full moon looking down on us tonight.  LOL!

Mark worked late today, so I had to pick up my oldest son from daycare.  My youngest son was just not in a good mood, and neither was his stomach which eagerly showed it's contents all over my cloths and his.  After changing our cloths, mopping the floor, feeding both kids, going over homework and putting them both to bed, I was able to finish making dinner.  The best part was, Mark came home just when I put the beef on.  We had a nice peaceful and warm dinner together

The food was excellent.  Mark and I thought the Cognac Sauce was amazing.  The Mushrooms and Potatoes were a brilliant combination.




 I hope to make the Fudgy Chocolate Mint Cupcakes and Key Lime Pie Sorbet tomorrow.



The Cookbook Addict

0 comments: