Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day Two - Bon Appetit Fast easy Fresh Cookbook Roast Chicken with Artichokes and Gremolata butter with Broccoli with Garlic & Parmesan Cheese

I had one of those days, you know when you get up in the morning and look at the clock and it's 9:00 am and when you look at the clock again it's 4:00 pm.  Where did the day go?  I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off.  Which leads me to dinner.  I decided to go with a simple.....chicken dish.

This meal was so quick to put together, I even had time to do the laundry, wash baby bottles and take five on the sofa.  The final result was pretty good.  It wasn't an OMG! meal, but it was very tasty for a Tuesday.

Although the recipe suggested creamy polenta or orzo as a side, I decided to go with rice.  No regrets with that choice.

The book provides an explanation on types of chicken (Roasters vs. Fryers) and savory butters. I found the tidbits very informative. 

The desserts in this book look very tempting.  I think I'll try something tomorrow, for after dinner or I may just  get my husband to take it to work and share it with the staff.

The Cookbook Addict

0 comments: