Monday, January 25, 2010

A Week in the Kitchen with The Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook byBarbara Fairchild

So, do you remember when I first started my blog and I went out in the freezing cold with a five month old and spent more money than I should have on cookbooks.  Yes...well one of the books I purchased was The Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook

The above noted cookbook has 1,100 recipes.  Almost each recipe provides meal suggestions to go with the specified dish.  Every recipe provides a serving amount (how many people the dish feeds).  The book even has an index that categorizes the recipes by serving size, as well as by alphabetical order and by main ingredient.  If you have something in your fridge you want to cook, and you can't think what to do with it, just look it up in the book and you'll get a few recipes to choose from.


Today I had a head of cauliflower in my fridge.  I should say, I've had a head of cauliflower in my fridge for sometime now.  I really needed to use it up.  So I checked the book and wouldn't you know there were six ways to cook it.  I went with the Cauliflower with Mustard-Lemon Butter. 

I have to say, I was having a problem getting behind mustard and cauliflower combined together.  But once you add butter and lemon anything can come together.  The dish was very good.  I would probably serve this dish as a side in a formal dinner or a trendy lunch.  It looks great and taste equally as good.  Heck it worked great with our left overs.

The Cookbook Addict

0 comments: