Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bamboo Restuarant

The Bamboo Restaurant. A little tropical hide away on Queen Street in Toronto. The bands were fantastic and sitting on the patio with the tropical decor and the smell of Island food made you feel like you were on vacation. Even in the winter, it was a quick cheap tropical getaway.  When you walked through the doors you felt like you landed in an oasis.

The Bamboo's food was a combination of West Indian and Bankok which made the food very eclectic. The combined cultures made the food jump off the plate.  Not to mention, they made the food with love.  You could always taste the love in the food.

http://www.quadrat.com/bamboo.html

One of the smartest things I ever did while I was dinning there with my Aunt and Uncle was request the Bamboo's cookbook as an engagement present.

The Bamboo has now closed and the chance to relive the memories of the food has passed, except for those who purchased the book.

What I love best about this book is the West Indian Thia influence like the Thai Spicy Noodles, Caribbean Curry Chicken, Orange Cashew Chicken, the Shrimp Rolls, Hot and Sour Soup, and Calaloo Soup.
Let me be clear!!! the complete book is fantastic. Follow the recipes and put a little love in your cooking and you are eating at the Bamboo all over again.

This is my go to book, when I cook for people that feel like theY need a bit of soul in their food.  Or,  I just want a to re-live a bit of the party days of the Bamboo in my own home.

I'll be honest.  I've searched the net this book my be available at the Cookbook Store http://www.cook-book.com/international/caribbean.html.  I provided a link so you can see what the book looks like and the possibility of purchasing it.  I'm not sure if it's still available. 


One thing I've learned since I received this book is, when you go to a restaurant where you are truly in love with their food, ask the manager if they have a cookbook.  I've acquired a few of my best cookbooks that way.

VERDICT-The Bamboo Cooks - PASSED THE TEST!


The Cookbook Addict

0 comments: