Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day Three - Jamies Food Revolution - Chicken Fajitas

Because I was disappointed with the bolognese sauce yesterday, I decided to pass on eating Jamie's Lasagne for today.  I need another day before I can bring myself to taste the sauce again.  So, I decided to try the Chicken Fajitas.   Although this recipe called for organic chicken breasts, I went with the organic chicken thighs.  For this recipe I went 90% organic. I was skeptical that I would notice the difference in flavor, but I have to say that this dish had amazing freshness.  Organic does make the difference.


The Chicken Fajitas Recipe also has a salsa recipe.  Both recipes were very simple. Jamie's goal with this book is to encourage fresh ingredients and to convince people that simple home cooking is much healthier and tastier than take-out.  I believe that with these two recipes that he could easily persuade a junk food addict that home cooking is best.  This dish reminded me of an amazing meal I had in a Mexico restaurant that sat by the ocean.  The meal was delicious.  The Fajitas were refreshing and absolutely delicious.

I will surely make this recipe again and again and again.















The Cookbook Addict

0 comments: