Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day Five - Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy - Spaghetti with Lobster in a Creamy Tomato Sauce and Creamy Spinach Tart

I'll be honest; I didn't have very high expectation from Gordon Ramsay.  As far as I was concerned he was all talk not much chopping.  After a week with Gordon "Makes It Easy" Ramsay cookbook, I have to say that his recipes are pretty great!  I really enjoyed the food this week.

Today I made the Spaghetti with Lobster in a Creamy Tomato Sauce.  Other than having to shell the lobster this recipe took little time.  I was easy on myself today and decided to purchase the fresh pasta. The dish reminds me of a similar dish I have every birthday at Rocco's Plum Tomato.  This dish was truly a treat to the pallet. The chili's give the dish a nice bite and using cherry tomatoes keeps the sauce mellow and not too acidic.
 I also decided to make the Creamy Spinach Tart.  I was worried that this dish would be watery since it called for so much sour cream. But the tart came together nicely.  This tart is a true spinach tart, the ingredients in this dish really compliment and bring out the spinach flavor, instead of being more on the eggy side which is usually the case.
This cookbook is simple to read, but does provide minimum information with the assumption that you do have some cooking background.  The layout of the book is a bit confusing since the recipes are not categorized by anything in particular.   The book almost reads like Gordon had a handful of recipes and he just randomly put them in the book. What saves this book is that you can prepare delicious meals in a relatively quick span of time.  What I love best about it is that Gordon provides alternative ingredients for items that may be hard to find.


 VERDICT - GORDON RAMSAY MAKES IT EASY - PASSED THE TEST
 The Cookbook Addict


0 comments: