Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day Four - Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy - Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Legs Stuffed with Pork and Pistachios and Eggplan Gateau

I really don't know how to start this blog today.  What do I say?  How do I say it?  Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy is certainly living up to its title.

Today's recipes which consisted of Eggplant Gateau and Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs Stuffed with Pork and Pistachios took me mere minutes to make.  The Gateau was so quick to make.  This dish would make the perfect summer dish with flavors that scream fresh from the garden.  This dish melts in your mouth.  If you are a true eggplant eater, this dish is for you.  It presents well and even though there are few ingredients the flavors erupt in your mouth.


As I sat at the table with my dish in front of me, getting ready to sink my teeth into the chicken dish I had a nagging feeling that bacon, chicken and sausage steamed and fried, may not produce a palatable product.  I was certainly wrong. Again, it was a fast recipe to pull together, presented well on the plate and the taste was out of this world.  I'm not sure if it was the texture that had me sneaking extra pieces or just the addictive characteristics of the combined ingredients.

To make the stuffed chicken or any of these dishes, you really have to use good quality ingredients.  I used nice thick maple bacon and good quality mild Italian sausage that made this dish sing. I loved the look of the meat once it was fried and sliced into portions.  It's an excellent recipe that makes any cook look professional.

There is one thing I didn't mention.  I'm allergic to nuts.  I've never tried pistachios, so I was unsure if I would react.  So I purchased a bag and tried one.  So far no reaction.  To be safe rather than be sorry, I left the nuts out of the recipe.  I can eat cashews, so the next time I try this dish I'll try it with cashews.


Here is a link to Gordon Ramsay's online demo of this dish: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-bacon-wrapped-chicken-legs-gordon-ramsay-182389/view/

You may want to give it a try.  I would recommend you do.


A Cookbook Addict

0 comments: