Monday, March 15, 2010

Day One - The Weeknight Cook, by Williams-Sonoma - Tagliatelle with Crab

Williams-Sonoma The Weeknight Cook: Fresh & Simple 
Recipes for Good Food EverydayToday I just couldn't get my act together. I needed to pick a cookbook to test this week, buy the ingredients, get dinner organized and calm the savage beast " the baby".  Not easy!  I pulled it off though.  I decided to go with The Weeknight Cook, by Williams-Sonoma. The book reads that my "efforts will yield simple, satisfying dishes ready to eat after less than 30 minutes of hands-on cooking."  Well this certainly was the book I needed today.


I'll be back at work in a few months and I'm very nervous about how I'm going to survive with two energetic kids, work and a hungry family. So I figured I better give this book a try and see if it lives up to its promise.

Today I went with the Tagliatelle with Crab.  I had crab in the fridge and I got my husband to pick up the rest of the ingredients.  No word of a lie, I finished making this dish in less that 30 minutes....YAHOOO!  I was done so early, that my husband decided to go for a walk with the baby.


The meal was good.  It was simple and tasty.  I wouldn't say it was restaurant quality, but it passed as a good weeknight meal.


If the rest of the meals come together as quickly as this one, then I'm rock'n.

The Cookbook Addict

0 comments: